There are several prerequisites for any given account to enable Content ID API:
- Content ID can only be applied to the videos uploaded to a Brand Channel and not to a User Channel. Learn more about Brand Channels.
- The Brand Channel has to be in the YouTube Partner Program.
- The user has to be the manager of the Brand Channel:
- The same user should be added as a manager on the Content Manager account.
- The Brand Channel should be added to the Content Manager account.
The Content Manager account is where Content ID is set up and is designed to add monetization and geo-targeting settings to the videos uploaded to the corresponding YouTube channel.
When you add a YouTube account to Grabyo, you will also be prompted to enable Content ID. If you do not wish to do so, then you can simply skip and close the prompt.
Essentially, the user uploads a video to the channel on behalf of the Content Manager Account they are a part of. To enable Content ID for a channel, one more authorization with Google is needed and it is very important that the User Channel is selected when going through the authorization process, otherwise content ID API will not be enabled.
Once enabled through Grabyo, YouTube accounts with Content ID will have a tag indicating this link. Content ID can be disabled or changed to a different account at any time by selecting the cog icon next to the social account.
Important note: The settings in the policy will be applied to the video, and any geo-targeting in the Grabyo campaign settings will have no effect when uploading to YouTube as the Content ID policy will override it.
You will see the above option when sharing a clip, when setting up a live broadcast or when editing the monetization settings for YouTube.
Once Content ID is enabled, this should be the flow of sharing a video to YouTube from Grabyo:
- User logs in to their Content Manager account on YouTube and creates a policy: e.g. Blacklist UK.
- In Grabyo, user chooses the Content Owner (same as Content Manager) account and the policy that was created in the previous step.
- Video is uploaded on behalf of the content owner to the chosen channel.
- Grabyo sends the request to create "Asset" object on Youtube.
- Grabyo sends the request to attach an "Ownership" object (object contains monetization settings) to the Asset.
- Grabyo sends the request to create the "Claim" that connects "Asset" object to the actual Video uploaded and applies the Policy. (Note: if no policy was specified, then the default policy will be applied, which is also configured in Content Manager account)