Facebook Live allows anyone, anywhere, to broadcast live to reach an audience of millions. As a broadcaster, rights holder or brand, Grabyo can deliver a professionally produced live show direct to friends, family and fans around the world.
Below is a diagram showing the setup of an on-site production to stream live to Facebook (via Grabyo) and create instant highlights in real-time of key moments during the live stream.
The above demonstrates a multi-camera setup with graphics overlays produced by a director for a final feed out to Facebook Live. Note: The video switcher should also allow for graphics overlays such as lower-thirds and watermarking with transitions. The points below outlines the key steps to take to get the produced feed live with a few clicks.
- Connect all the relevant FB Pages to Grabyo i.e. Facebook Page Auth.
- Setup of camera / switcher / encoders on-site.
- A private stable internet connection on-site (at least 10Mb up).
- Start the on-site encoder to stream a single stream to Grabyo Studio.
- Prepare for the start of the show. (a holding slate can be presented - i.e. slate saying "Coming up next: Thierry Henry LIVE.")
- Using Grabyo Studio, select which page(s) the live stream should be broadcasted to (can be multi-casted to different pages at the same time).
- Select "Start broadcast" and the stream will appear Live on the page(s).
- Use on-site video switcher and director to produce a multi-cam experience.
- Use Grabyo Studio to clip and share key moments / highlights to your Facebook Page, in real-time during the live show.
- When the show is complete, using Grabyo Studio, select the active stream and select "Stop broadcast" to stop the Facebook Live stream on the page. (this process will turn the live stream into a VOD on Facebook automatically)
- Stop the on-site encoder to Grabyo Studio.
Below are some examples from some of our partners and how they used Grabyo to stream Live.
FOX Sports used Grabyo to stream live to their Facebook Pages @TheBuzzer, FOXSoccer and FOXSports
Chelsea FC used Grabyo to stream an exclusive live stream to showcase their brand new 2016/17 Home Jersey / Kit to their fans on Facebook.
SPFW used Grabyo to stream live the catwalk runways during Sao Paulo Fashion Week