With our new users tab, we have made the process of adding a new user super simple for our clients. The first step is to designate at least one admin role within your organisation, bearing in mind that there is no limit to the number of admins that can be set up. Just send over the email logins of the users you would like us to assign the admin title to and we will set that up for you.
Now that the power is in your hands, simply log into Studio, click on the users tab on the left, select '+' icon and add the new user email and optional profile image. Once you hit 'add user', an activation email will be sent to the address provided and your new user can follow a simple and secure process of setting up a password to gain access to the platform. The user status will be reflected as pending in the user table until the setup process has been complete.
Suspending vs. Deleting
The ability to add comes hand in hand with the ability to delete and suspend users. The difference between the two is that a deleted user is permanently removed from an organisation. Even if the same email is added back, a new user will essentially be created meaning that user's stats will not reflect the old user account. A suspension, on the other hand, can be lifted by an admin at any time. This might be useful if a password has been compromised or lost and the account needed to be locked for a time.
The users tab is also very useful in getting a good overview on the users within the organisation. Here you will be able to see the name, email, when they last logged in and their user status (Active, suspended, pending).
note: you will not see deleted users
Managing User Access
If you are an admin user, you can manage which users can access which campaigns, and streams, giving you the ability to have a more tiered approach to your platform access. Controlling this access works on an 'excluded' and 'included' basis allowing the change of user access with the click of a button. Admins also have the capability to set the user role and delete users/admins themselves.
Please note that when creating a new campaign or user all of the access items will be configured by default to exclude, you will then have to assign streams and campaigns to users manually. Users will only be able to see the analytics for the campaigns that they have access to and only admins will be able to see the complete overview of organisation wide analytics.
Configuring user access
- To edit specific users access you must go to the 'Users' tab on the left-hand side of your Grabyo Studio page.
- Locate the user that you want to edit and click the options icon and select 'Edit' from the menu.
- The below pop-up will appear where you can now manage the stream and campaign access. Simply select the item that you want to edit and then use the left and right arrows to move between the excluded and included items. If you would like to move all of the items, please use the double arrows. Once you have finished moving the items select the 'Apply' button to save your changes.
Configuring user access for campaigns
- To edit the user access through your campaign simply go to you campaign setting by clicking the options button and selecting edit from the home page. Or by selecting 'campaign settings' while in your campaign library view.
- The below pop-up will appear where you can manage the stream and campaign access. Simply select the item that you want to edit and then use the left and right arrows to move between the excluded and included items. If you would like to move all of the items, please use the double arrows. Once you have finished moving the items select the 'apply' button to save your changes.
Configuring user roles
- Admin users have the capability to set the user roles when creating/editing new/or existing users.
- The below pop-up will appear where you can select the role you would like to assign them to.