A thumbnail is the still image that appears on your video before your clip starts playing. It is a great way to grab the viewer's attention. You can set a thumbnail for your video directly from the trim page while grabbing a clip, or you can customise the thumbnail of a video in the campaign library. A clip that has already been shared will have a locked thumbnail, which means that you would have to grab a new clip or upload it again to edit the thumbnail.
From the trim page
- Grab the clip that you want to save or share
- You can see the thumbnail in the sidebar
- Move the lollipop anywhere in the timeline to find the frame to set as your thumbnail
- Hit 'set' or press 't' on your keyboard and you will see your new thumbnail in the thumbnail preview window
- Alternatively you can upload a custom image by selecting 'upload'
From the campaign library
- Go to your campaign library
- Select the clip for which you want to amend the thumbnail - please note that this will not work if the clip has already been shared
- Click 'edit' in the clip overview side panel
You will now see a pop-up player which you can scrub through and find the frame to set as thumbnail
You can pause the footage to make it easier to select the right frame
- Once you have found the perfect frame select 'set above frame as thumbnail'